The New York Santos Borre Jersey

The Dracula Forum - General Conditions of Use

Former Aberdeen High School, Moose Lodge, listed for sale

Postby Angel92 » Jul 29th, '17, 02:29

The City of Aberdeen has listed for sale the http://www.authenticraiderssale.com/shop-by-players-seth-roberts-jersey-c-2_39.html former Aberdeen High School on Route 40, as well as the former Aberdeen Moose Lodge on Rogers Street.
The former high school has already attracted interest from regional operators of apartment complexes, senior citizen care facilities, even facilities for the care patients with dementia or Alzheimer's Disease.
The property, at 34 N. Philadelphia Blvd., was listed with MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate, of Lutherville, in early July.
"We've had some good inquiry calls," Tom Fidler, executive vice president and principal of MacKenzie, said Monday.
The city acquired the building, which was http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-coby-fleener-jersey-c-1_9.html constructed in 1908, from Harford County in February for $1. The building was expanded in 1924 so elementary students could attend, too, and it ceased to be used as a school by the 1950s when the current Aberdeen High campus was developed off Paradise Road.
Following its use as a school, the Route 40 building was used for assorted community services, including Health Department functions, until it was closed in 2014 after a plumbing leak.
Angel92

In the year of the wide receiver, the Pittsburgh Steelers ha

Postby Angel92 » Jul 29th, '17, 05:40

The NFL has an over abundance of talent at wide receiver, and every in the league wants to take advantage except for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Not only have the Pittsburgh Steelers been http://www.officialvikingshop.com/shop-by-players-anthony-barr-jersey-c-2_9.html incredibly boring during this year’s free agency (something they do every year), but they’re redefining what it means to have a talented group of players.
While the rest of the league consistently looks to the free agent market to scrape up the remaining headlines before training camp, Pittsburgh sits back and forgets that there are still players available. Heck, when names like Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Eddie Royal and Doral Green-Beckham still available this close to training camp, a full moon must be out.
The Steelers are in a boat no other team is in, though. While the Dallas Cowboys look to replace Lucky Whitehead, and multiple other teams still search for the missing piece in their passing game, Pittsburgh tries to figure out which player who should make the 53-man roster, won’t.
Pittsburgh is in this unique stage where their receiving core has developed into the best in the league. Not only do their starting two, Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant, blow almost any other starting core out of the water, but they have two slot guys competing for the job who would easily start on virtually any team in the NFL.
Guys like Sammie Coates, Justin Hunter, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Demarcus Ayers are all competing to stay off a practice squad when on 31 of the 32 teams in the league, they would almost be guaranteed a spot in the top four or five receivers.
Yes, there are teams like the New York Giants, New http://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-rhett-ellison-jersey-c-2_30.html England Patriots, and Cincinnati Bengals that all have incredible receiving cores. But their practice squad wouldn’t be competing for the third or fourth depth chart spot on teams like the Cleveland Browns. Pittsburgh’s would.
That’s what redefined success means. While the rest of the league has their core three or four receivers, Pittsburgh has their core seven or eight.
To top it all off, they have the league’s best wideout in Antonio Brown leading the way. Right from the very top, Pittsburgh reigns supreme. Then, you go through the stages and find yourself at the practice squad, where more than likely, Sammie Coates will headline the team. For someone who would be competing for the backup outside receiver on almost any team, Coates isn’t even valued in Pittsburgh.
Just another example of how the Steelers have somehow turned their receivers into a group far above the rest of the pack.
What makes this so special, is that Pittsburgh has done it through development. Instead of going out and signing big name receivers like other teams, the Steelers have drafted all of their first four receivers and turned them into superstars.
Outside of Hunter and Heyward-Bey, this team doesn’t have wideouts competing for the roster that hasn’t started their career in the Steel City. If Coates wasn’t going to miss the beginning of training camp, they’d likely only have one active receiver come Week 1 who wasn’t a draft pick.
How they’ve done it? No one knows. But somehow, the Steelers have claimed their spot at the top of the wide receiver world.
They definitely haven’t done it like most of the league has, but it doesn’t matter. What the Pittsburgh Steelers have done in a year where Stefon Diggs Womens Jersey wide receivers are plentiful is unheard of.
The NFL is thriving with wideouts, but in the year of the wideout, the Pittsburgh Steelers have emerged superior.
Angel92

Seahawks training-camp primer, from QB to kicker

Postby Angel92 » Jul 29th, '17, 06:33

Much of the core that reached back-to-back http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-antonio-brown-jersey-c-2_14.html Super Bowls remains in place. And as practices begin, the Seahawks are tied for the third-best odds in Las Vegas to win the Super Bowl at 12-1. With training camp beginning Sunday, here’s a position-by-position review.
The Seahawks open training camp Sunday in Renton preparing for another season in which the expectation remains Super Bowl or bust.
Some of the faces have changed, to be sure, since that triumphant night in New Jersey — a 43-8 victory over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII — and some of what happened last season was ominously uncharacteristic.
But much of the core that reached back-to-back Super Bowls remains in place. And as practices begin, the Seahawks are tied for the third-best odds in Las Vegas to win the Super Bowl at 12-1, behind New England (3.75-1) and Green Bay (7.5-1).
That’s basically the same place they were in 2013, when the Seahawks entered the year also with the third-best odds behind the Broncos and 49ers, the two teams Seattle beat to win it all.
With camp set to begin, here’s a position-by-position review:
QUARTERBACK
Reason for optimism: Russell Wilson said in the http://www.coltsshopauthentic.com/shop-by-players-62-leraven-clark-jersey-c-1_26.html spring he was 100 percent healthy after battling three injuries last season. He also told ESPN he has altered his diet and conditioning regimen to get down to about 215 pounds after playing at as much as 225 last season. The team hopes both will allow Wilson’s legs to again be the threat they were from 2012-15.
Cause for concern: Seattle must solidify the backup spot in the preseason, with veteran free agent signee Austin Davis battling second-year man Trevone Boykin. Boykin appears the favorite, but the Seahawks will want to see him up his game in the face of increased competition.
Key stat: 92.6 — Wilson’s passer rating a year ago, a career low and off his career average of 99.6.
RUNNING BACK
Reason for optimism: The Seahawks battled depth issues and injuries throughout the 2016 season, the first full year without Marshawn Lynch. But they signed veteran Eddie Lacy in the spring to add to a now-healthy Thomas Rawls and C.J. Prosise. And if some wonder how the Seahawks will get enough carries for Dj Fluker Youth Jersey everyone, the Seahawks counter that they’d rather deal with that issue than worry about not having enough healthy running backs.
Cause for concern: All eyes will be on Lacy, who has battled weight issues throughout his career and has incentive clauses in his contract designed to keep him under 250 pounds during the season.
Angel92

Alejandro Villanueva just wanted a 'fair' deal from the Stee

Postby Angel92 » Jul 29th, '17, 07:31

Alejandro Villanueva is glad it’s over, this whole contract thing. Thursday, the offensive left tackle signed his new deal, worth $24 million over four http://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-joe-montana-jersey-c-1_29.html years. While the money is good, Villanueva, 28, didn’t enjoy all that came with it.
“It’s not a fun process,” Villanueva said Friday after the Steelers’ first morning walk-through of training camp. “Going through a contract is — for some reason, you feel really embarrassed afterwards and all the media attention you get out of it is not fun.”
Presumably, Villanueva is referring to the public spectacle contract negotiations become, with outsiders sometimes wondering how many millions a player really needs. It’s what makes Villanueva’s case so interesting. His contract is below the average salary for starting left tackles.
Villanueva’s career arc also put him in a unique position in negotiations. This former Army Ranger didn’t sign with an NFL team until 2014. He will turn 29 in September, and this might have been his one shot at a large contract. The long-term deal allowed him to avoid playing the upcoming season on the one-year, $615,000 exclusive rights free-agent tender the Steelers offered in the offseason.
“In my football career, I’ve been more focused on trying to make the team. I’ve been more focused on becoming a starter. I’ve been more focused on trying to not embarrass myself on national television,” Villanueva said. “My agent kind of focused on the question of what is fair. So, it was a very tough assignment for him.”
Villanueva, who has started the past 31 games http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-shane-ray-jersey-c-1_15.html at left tackle after joining the team’s practice squad in 2014, said he wasn’t seriously considering holding out. He said he was only seeking a “fair” contract, and he used the word 10 times in his 13-minute media session.
In the offseason, Villanueva made the decision to attend organized team activities (OTAs) and work out at the team facility while negotiations were ongoing. As the process continued, he admitted he didn’t know whether a deal was going to get done — “It was sort of a last-minute thing,” he said — but he planned to attend camp.
Part of the reason, he said, was because there are still a “few things here and there” he can learn about the position. After all, when he was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2014, he had been playing defensive line. Mostly, though, he said being at camp is important in establishing a routine and continuing to build sound communication among the offensive line unit.
“I would say I was not set to hold out, but I was not set to wait at my house, either,” he said. “I’m hoping to play football.”
Villanueva was asked whether he compared his new deal to John Randle Youth Jersey what other starting left tackles make, and, in an impassioned response, he explained why he did not.
“I played in a park in Belgium. That’s where I played football in high school for a year. I really didn’t have a lot of experience. I was a walk-on at West Point. I was last string D-end when I was at Army. Then I played wide receiver and offensive line. Not really had a career that you could say was groomed to be a first-round pick and get a big contract,” he said.
Angel92

The Killers announce new album, Feb. 6 tour stop at Vivint A

Postby Angel92 » Jul 29th, '17, 08:17

Somebody told me … The Killers are coming back to Salt Lake City.
The Las Vegas-based alt-rock band http://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-linval-joseph-jersey-c-2_44.html announced late Thursday night that their fifth studio album — and first in 5 years — "Wonderful Wonderful" is scheduled for a Sept. 22 release, and that there would be a new run of early 2018 North American tour dates as a result, including a Feb. 6 stop at Salt Lake City's Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Tickets will go on sale to the public Aug. 11 at 10 a.m. via Smith's Tix.
The band released its first single from the album, "The Man," in June and followed with another new track, "Run For Cover," on Thursday night.
The Killers are scheduled to perform on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" from Caesar's Palace on the Las Vegas strip this coming Monday night.
The band first burst onto the music scene in 2004 with http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-cobi-hamilton-jersey-c-2_73.html the release of their debut album, "Hot Fuss," which went on to multi-platinum success on the strength of Grammy-nominated hits "Somebody Told Me," "Mr. Brightside" and "All These Things I've Done."
The Killers have gone on to sell an estimated 22 million records worldwide, making them one of the most commercially successful pop music acts of the 21st century.
Angel92

New indictment raises stakes for accused 9th Ward

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 01:52

An accused serial sex offender, whose 2011 conviction for a 9th Ward rape was struck down by appellate judges in April, could wind up http://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-michael-wilhoite-jersey-c-1_33.html serving life in prison for his legal victory after he was indicted by an Orleans Parish grand jury on a more severe charge in the same case. Conversely, he also could still wind up walking free.
Orleans Parish prosecutors on Thursday (July 20) filed a superseding indictment charging Troy Taylor, 41, with aggravated rape and aggravated kidnapping in connection with a case that originated in 1994. The new rape charge is punishable with a mandatory life sentence upon conviction. It marks a potentially bleaker prospect for Taylor, who has served six years of the maximum 40-year sentence he was handed after being convicted of a lesser forcible rape in August 2011.
Taylor managed to get his conviction and sentence overturned on timeliness grounds by the Louisiana 4th Circuit Court of Appeal on April 6. He contended that his original trial attorney was ineffective because he had not made a motion to quash the forcible rape charge as untimely. The alleged rape occurred early on Aug. 30, 1994, but Taylor was not identified as the rapist until late 2008. That's when his DNA sample taken after a Texas drug arrest was found to match one collected from the 1994 victim in a rape kit that sat untested for years inside an NOPD storage facility.
The statute of limitations for forcible rape expires after six years. Another state law enacted in 2003 gives authorities a new three-year http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-paxton-lynch-jersey-c-1_41.html window to prosecute cases when DNA results have revealed a suspect years after an offense. But six years already had elapsed after this alleged rape before that law was in effect, and Taylor argued in appellate court that made his prosecution unjust.
In late April, District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro's office urgently appealed to the Louisiana Supreme Court to reinstate Taylor's conviction.
"Taylor is a threat to the safety of the community," assistant district attorney Donald Cassels wrote in his motion to the high court. "With respect to the underlying forcible rape, Taylor's guilt is conclusively established -- his conviction having been obtained in large part on the strength of recently obtained DNA evidence. In addition, the evidence adduced at Taylor's 2011 trial demonstrates that since that rape, Taylor has engaged in at least two additional acts of sexually assaultive behavior."
Jurors at Taylor's trial learned of another incident in 2006 during which the defendant sexually assaulted another woman under similar circumstances, as well as a 2004 incident when Taylor exposed himself to a gas station employee.
But on June 16, a divided Supreme Court denied the state's writ on a 5-2 vote without a hearing and let stand the 4th Circuit's ruling, potentially paving the way for Taylor to walk free. Justice Scott Crichton was so disturbed by the decision he attached a written opinion expressing his concern.
"Given the repeated nature of this defendant's convictions," Crichton wrote, "I would grant the state's application, order briefing and docket for oral argument to more carefully scrutinize this matter."
With no hope of reinstating Taylor's earlier conviction and sentence, prosecutors sought the new grand jury indictment to retry Taylor on the more serious charge of aggravated rape. There is no statute of limitations on that crime in Louisiana, but it requires the state to prove aggravating circumstances within the offense. Those can include the perpetrator's use of a weapon, threats of "great and immediate bodily harm," or an instance in which "the victim resists the act to the utmost, but whose resistance is overcome by force."
Taylor is expected to challenge the Matt Asiata Youth Jersey validity of the new indictment on double-jeopardy grounds in a scheduled Aug. 2 hearing before Criminal District Judge Karen Herman.
Assistant district attorney Christopher Bowman, spokesman for Cannizzaro's office, declined to comment Friday on the new charge, citing policy against discussing open cases. So did Taylor's new attorney, Thomas Frampton of the Orleans Public Defenders office.
Angel92

Craig: Vikings' expectations soaring, but questions lurk aro

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 02:38

MANKATO – Like most summers, one hasn’t had to look very hard to find an optimistic NFL player on a team that stands 0-0 and http://www.officialchargesshop.com/shop-by-players-dontrelle-inman-jersey-c-1_19.html tied atop its division.
“I think we got a good team,” said right guard Joe Berger.
Good? C’mon, Joe. It’s July. Good ain’t good enough.
“I have high expectations,” said defensive tackle Tom Johnson.
That’s better.
“I have super high expectations,” said tight end Kyle Rudolph.
Getting warmer.
Next up: nose tackle Linval Joseph, who won a Super Bowl ring with the Giants in 2011. He saw Rudolph’s super high and raised it to Super Bowl.
“Man, that [Giants team] was so long ago,” he said. “But I feel like we have all the opportunities in the world to be better than that team.”
Really?
“The sky is the limit,” he said. “We have great young talent. Guys who want to work. We’re making all the changes and doing all the things we need to do to go to the top.”
It’s almost enough to make one forget last year’s 3-8 finish and guarantee the Vikings a spot in Super Bowl LII at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Almost.
People ask all the time, “How do you think the Vikings will do this year?” The default answer here is a confused shrug, a strained look and a, “Don’t know. We’ll see.” When pressed for a prediction, this guy usually pulls an iron out and hits an 8-8 down the middle of everybody else’s 10-6s and 6-10s.
This year, the look is more strained. The shrug more confused.
A year ago, this team was 5-0 with injuries and 3-8 with injuries. In the same season. Injuries or not, that’s just, well, weird. And confusing with question marks lurking around every corner as another season approaches.
Has the new offensive line been upgraded http://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-lp-ladouceur-jersey-c-2_45.html or overrated? Will Dalvin Cook be fantastic or a frustrated fumbler? Is Pat Shurmur’s offense an evolution or just more constipation?
Will Mike Zimmer’s defense be dominant, like it was at 5-0, or doggone pooped, like it was at critical points near the end of 3-8? And then there are special teams, where many of the new faces don’t seem old enough to watch an R movie.
So, bottom line, yes, the Vikings have playoff potential. And, yes, they could even become the first team to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium.
Then again, it doesn’t take an old-timer to remember 2010, when the Vikings were Super Bowl shoe-ins coming off the NFC title game loss at New Orleans. Then all those returning puzzle pieces turned into falling dominoes.
“I could stand here and tell you all my concerns and all that, but I want to win every game right now,” Joseph said. “I want us to stop the run. Every game under 100 yards. I want us to throw for 400 yards ever game. Rush for 200 yards every game. I want us to win at the highest level. Make history. Become the first team to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium.”
Now that’s one big bucket list.
Players, of course, point to all the injuries last season. The 12 offensive linemen that played. Losing Teddy Bridgewater (knee) for 16 games, Adrian Peterson (knee/groin/career preservation) for 13 and even Norv Turner (quit) for nine.
“The only thing we have in terms of a hurdle going on right now is everybody staying healthy,” Johnson said. “We’re definitely hungry Deion Sanders Youth Jersey and ready to prove that fluke of the second half of last season was just that: a fluke.”
Quarterback Sam Bradford said the Vikings have an “opportunity to be a great team.”
“The way we started last year shows that we can play with anyone,” he said. “But we have a lot of work to do.”
Bring it on, said Everson Griffen.
“It ain’t easy being great,” he said.
But it sure seems easy being optimistic in July.
Angel92

Steelers’ Training Camp What To Watch For: Day Three

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 03:30

And yeah, you can bet there’s a lot to check out today. Sunday is the first day the pads come on for the Pittsburgh Steelers. No one is more http://www.authenticraiderssale.com/shop-by-players-ronnie-lott-jersey-c-2_32.html excited than Vince Williams.
Let’s dive into what we’re keeping a close eye on.
Quarterback
– Josh Dobbs has had a tough first two days. Nothing to fret over. Just looking for progression. Literally. Not seeing the field well, forcing balls into coverage. Game is going to move a little faster today. Pads on, intensity level ramps up, everything feels “real” for the first time. Big day for him.
Running Back
– Really the first day you can evaluate them. With the pads off, it’s almost impossible to evaluate. Now we’ll see what someone like James Conner can do. Guys have to be able to create and finish runs.
Tight End
– Like I mentioned on yesterday’s podcast, Xavier Grimble needs to make a couple big plays. It’s been early so again, no worries, but he hasn’t really popped in shorts and shells. A time when you’d think he would shine. Phazahn Odom will get to show where he’s at as a blocker too, which could be a wake-up call. And if they’re at SVC, they’ll be hitting the sleds, where some of the new/young guys struggle. Big day.
Wide Receiver
– Justin Hunter with an impressive second day. Now has to carry it over to the practices that matter. When the defense can actually hit you back.
– Demarcus Ayers is going to see more time in the slot with JuJu Smith-Schuster out. He has the short-area burst to create space. Let’s see him translate that into one of these practices.
– Cobi Hamilton made his name for making tough, combative catches. That has to continue. And I want to see him stop leaving his feet to make every single grab. Something I pointed out during the offseason.
Offensive Line
– Sorta like running back, it’s tough to evaluate http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-khairi-fortt-jersey-c-1_26.html the offensive line when the intensity level isn’t at its peak. And the first team line isn’t a group we have to learn much about. More about the second teamers, especially Jerald Hawkins. He’ll get a lot of Anthony Chickillo. Should be a fun one.
Defensive Line
– We’ll get a good look at L.T. Walton at nose tackle. How he handles double-teams and the point of attack. And a good look at Tyson Alualu for the first time.
Should also get OL/DL one-on-ones for the first time all year. The o-line is at an obvious disadvantage but it’s still fun to see these guys compete. Does Daniel McCullers break out his spin move?
Outside Linebacker
– Lot to talk about here. Bud Dupree will have his hands full with Marcus Gilbert. Ditto T.J. Watt with Alejandro Villanueva. And the aforementioned Chick/Hawkins faceoff. But it’s not just about their ability to get after the quarterback. Have to be sound against the run, too.
Inside Linebacker
– L.J. Fort has quietly had a good first two sessions, including an interception on Saturday. And of course, with pads on for the first time, who will Vince Williams first victim be?
Cornerback
– Corners have been able to make plays on Kevin Greene Youth Jersey the ball the first two days. It’s a lot easier to do that when you don’t have to worry about tackling. Let’s see whose game is complete. Ross Cockrell improved in that area last year. Let’s see if that progression continued.
Senquez Golson looked good enough the first two days. But this is his first padded practice in the NFL. So a big moment for him. Gotta rise to the occasion.
Safety
– Finally, something to talk about with these guys. Mike Mitchell, Sean Davis, Jordan Dangerfield, all guys who are searching for some big hits. Should be a fun one.
Angel92

Andrew Ford, UMass QB, included on Johnny Unitas Golden Arm

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 05:45

UMass quarterback Andrew Ford was included on the 2017 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list Wednesday.
The Golden Arm Award is presented http://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-joe-montana-jersey-c-1_29.html at the end of each football season and the winner is selected based on his accomplishments on and off the field. Candidates must be a college senior or fourth-year junior on schedule to graduate with their class.
Ford, who will play in his second and final season with UMass in 2017, played 11 and started nine games with the Minutemen last year. He finished with 2,665 yards and 26 touchdowns to go with a 60.8 percent completion percentage, and had a 137.99 quarterback rating.
Ford joins a long list of UMass players to be http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-shaquil-barrett-jersey-c-1_37.html named to award watch lists this preseason, including Adam Breneman (Mackey Award, Biletnikoff Award, Wuerffel Trophy), Logan Laurent (Ray Guy Award), Steve Casali (Nagurski Trophy) and Andy Isabella (Biletnikoff Award).
Angel92

Danny Woodhead not worried about Joe Flacco's absence from t

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 06:27

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will be held out of training camp for at least a week because of a back issue. While plenty are in http://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-ezekiel-elliott-jersey-c-2_34.html panic-mode, running back Danny Woodhead is not one of them.
“I think Joe has played a few years, so he’ll be able to figure it out,” Woodhead said on Thursday. “With whoever is out there, we’re going to go out there and work as hard as we can – get the timing and whatever it may be.”
Backup quarterback Ryan Mallett has taken over most of the practice reps in training camp. The Ravens signed “camp arm” David Olson on Friday as an additional quarterback alongside David Vaughan to help until Flacco can come back.
The main concern is if new players like Woodhead and wide receiver Jeremy Maclin will be able to develop enough chemistry with Flacco before the season begins. But, according to Woodhead, Flacco’s on-field abilities shouldn’t worry anyone.
“Yes, it would be great to have him http://www.authenticraiderssale.com/shop-by-players-tim-brown-jersey-c-2_26.html out there, but I think it’s going to be OK,” Woodhead continued. “He’s a professional. He knows how to throw a football and read defenses. I think it’s going to be OK.”
Angel92

PreviousNext

Return to The Dracula Forum - Netiquette