The New York Santos Borre Jersey

The Dracula Forum - General Conditions of Use

Kareem Hunt, Darren McFadden among top handcuffs to target i

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 07:16

Handcuffing ranks among the most overrated and incorrectly utilized strategies in fantasy football.
OK, maybe that wasn't the best way http://www.coltsshopauthentic.com/shop-by-players-13-ty-hilton-jersey-c-1_5.html to lead an article about handcuffs.
Let's try this again: Handcuffing can be a valuable tool in fantasy football, if you do it correctly.
That's better.
In a nutshell, some backups are very good players, while others are not. In the event of an injury, some would be positioned for a clear path to a large share of touches, while others would see only a slight uptick in work. Most of your opponents will be thinking about handcuffs only at running back, so you can gain an advantage by selecting those at other positions as well.
When considering handcuffs, the best game plan is to select players with high ceilings should the player ahead of them on the depth chart miss time. For example, should Ezekiel Elliott get hurt (or suspended, due to recent developments), Darren McFadden would take on a workhorse role in Dallas. If Jay Ajayi goes down, however, the likes of Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake would split backfield duties. If you were the guy or gal who picked Ajayi, don't cross McFadden off your list in favor of upgrading Drake or Williams. Pick the guy who can win you a league championship, not a player barely worth flex consideration.
Below are 10 handcuff situations worth http://www.officialchargesshop.com/shop-by-players-jason-verrett-jersey-c-1_25.html monitoring in the mid-to-late rounds of your draft. The fantasy value of each will skyrocket if the teammate above him on the depth chart is injured. You'll notice that I ignored players who will be drafted too early to be considered value picks (e.g. Derrick Henry, Tevin Coleman, Adrian Peterson). As the likes of Ben Tate and Christine Michael have shown in past years, Henry and Coleman are prime examples of handcuffing gone wrong. You should be focusing on maximizing your starting lineup early and taking high-ceiling fliers later.
For updated handcuff information and advice throughout the season, be sure to check out our fantasy depth charts: QB | RB | WR | TE
Beat your league mates to the punch by stashing these players on your bench.
Kareem Hunt, RB, Kansas City Chiefs
Likely to be a midround pick, Hunt borders on "too expensive" for a handcuff, but there are a few reasons he makes the cut. For starters, similar to Coleman in Atlanta, Hunt is positioned for an offensive role even with Spencer Ware healthy. In fact, ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher recently predicted that Hunt would lead the team's backfield in both rushing and receiving as a rookie. That's certainly a bold prediction, but at a Zack Martin Womens Jersey minimum it shows that Hunt will undoubtedly be in for a huge workload in the event of a Ware injury. Hunt is an extremely elusive back who can contribute on all three downs. Over the years, Andy Reid has made heavy use of, and had tons of success with, versatile backs -- LeSean McCoy, Brian Westbrook, Jamaal Charles -- and Hunt is positioned to follow in their footsteps.
Angel92

After Further Review: Five takes from Saints practice No. 4

Postby Angel92 » Jul 31st, '17, 07:58

With the July sun beaming down, the Saints conducted their longest practice to date. The team grinded for nearly three hours. Sean Payton wasn’t happy http://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-cole-beasley-jersey-c-2_37.html with some of the effort and made them repeat the final team drill due to multiple mistakes.
Take Two: Things getting chippy
As practice lingered, tempers flared. Late in practice, Coby Fleener and Vonn Bell mixed it up with Bell even taking a swing. On the last play of practice, a scrum erupted after some offensive players felt like some defenders were taking late hits.
Training camp skirmishes are par for the course.
Take Three: Ramczyk shows he belongs
Another day, another reason to feel confident about Ryan Ramczyk. Once again, I focused on him during team drills, and once again he was up for the challenge. On one run play, Ramczyk blocked Alex Okafor outward which allowed Mark Ingram to cut right behind him. On the next play, he got to the next level to seal Alex Anzalone; Ingram cut right behind his block.
It’s still entirely too early to make any bold statements about Ramczyk. The best thing I’ll say about him right now is that he doesn’t look like a rookie on the field. For comparison, I thought back to Terron Armstead’s and Andrus Peat’s respective rookie camps. Neither player was ever close to starting during that camp. In 2013, Armstead was behind http://www.authenticraiderssale.com/shop-by-players-sebastian-janikowski-jersey-c-2_67.html Charles Brown before taking over late in the season. Peat looked completely lost back in 2015.
Ramczyk may not have the ceiling of Armstead but he’s further along in his development at this stage of his career than both of those players.
Take Four: Plays of the Day
Ken Crawley capped off the defense’s impressive effort during individual drills with an interception off Garrett Grayson. By my count, the offense didn’t complete a pass in their first six attempts.
Willie Snead had a nice day. During the routes-on-air period, he reeled in a one-handed grab. During seven-on-sevens, he made an incredible grab between two defenders off a tipped ball.
On the very next play, Brees connected with TommyLee Lewis down the seam.
By the way, Brees is still good. He used a hard count to get the defense to show their hand on one play. When he did, he noticed P.J. Williams flinch indicating John Kuhn Womens Jersey a corner blitz. Brees then effortlessly connected with Ted Ginn, Jr. for a big gain.
Brandon Coleman has been impressive to start camp. He got behind the defense once again to catch a deep post for a touchdown. However, Brees would have been sacked by Cam Jordan on the play. In a later drill, Coleman took a quick slant from Chase Daniel and raced 60-plus yards to the house.
Angel92

Bryant can’t practice. Bell won’t practice. Villanueva needs

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 02:07

What we learned on reporting day at Steelers training camp is this: Martavis Bryant can’t practice. Le’Veon Bell won’t practice. And http://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-mike-purcell-jersey-c-1_34.html Alejandro Villanueva needs to practice.
The last two weren’t all that unexpected. The first? Well, that was somewhat of a new occurance.
The Steelers were informed by the NFL that Bryant still has a couple of hoops to jump through as part of his conditional reinstatement by the NFL for violation of the substance abuse policy.
Because of that, he could report Thursday. He can even sit in on meetings. He just can’t practice at this time.
While nobody is certain about the time frame for when Bryant, who was suspended for all of last season, will be cleared by the league, it’s expected to be a reasonably quick happening - at least by league standards.
This was not, however, any kind of off-field setback for Bryant.
As for Bell, not showing up for reporting day was always the likely outcome when he didn’t sign his franchise deal after he and the Steelers could not come to terms on a contract extension.
It’s not a huge deal and I still expect him to show up after the team’s first preseason game. That will give him two weeks to prepare for the third preseason game - against Indianapolis - which is when he would have gotten the bulk of his work, anyway.
Mike Tomlin said he has been in communication with Bell throughout the process and, while he’d like to have the running back in camp, he expects him to b ready to start the season.
Bell isn’t going to miss any of those $725,000-per-game paychecks he’ll receive once the season starts.
Bell’s per-week money is more than Villanueva was scheduled to earn all season ($615,000). That’s why both the Steelers and Villanueva wanted to get a new deal done with their starting left tackle.
Even at that, Villanueva’s deal, which averages $6 million http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-max-garcia-jersey-c-1_52.html over four years, is a bargain. He’ll still be just the 21st-highest-paid player at his position in the league.
But the 28-year-old really didn’t have a lot of other options. As a player who made his way into the league after bouncing around for years - between three tours of duty in Afghanistan as an Army Ranger - he was in a tough spot.
The Steelers held his rights this year as an exclusive rights free agent, and next as a restricted free agent. He would have gotten a raise next year on a restricted deal, but it wouldn’t have been for $6 million per season.
And if he played that out to unrestricted free agency, he would have hit the market at 30.
As it is, his deal is akin to the one signed by right tackle Marcus Gilbert, though less than those of Pro Bowl center and guard Maurkice Pouncey and David DeCastro, respectively.
Not showing up really wasn’t an option for Villanueva. After all, he won his starting job when Kelvin Beachum was injured. Before that, he hadn’t even been guaranteed a roster spot.
He knows from experience that starting jobs in the NFL can be fleeting.
@ Sammie Coates said he expects to be out a couple of weeks after having a clean-up surgery on his knee. It’s the second time this offseason the knee was scoped and it just kept bothering him.
@ If there was any question about Stephon Tuitt’s hand injury that kept him sidelined during OTAs, he erased them by carry no fewer than 10 grocery bags Matt Asiata Womens Jersey to his room at the same time - splitting them between his two hands.
@ Don’t know what is up with safety Daimion Stafford, but he was placed on the did not report list. It could just be a familiy situation.
The former starting safety with the Titans was signed in the offseason and is part of the team’s plans this season as a nickel/dime linebacker.
Angel92

The NCAA didn't believe Donte Moncrief's brother

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 03:01

Spencer Moncrief never played a collegiate http://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-michael-harris-jersey-c-2_25.html sport in his 24 years. Yet here he sat again, across the table from NCAA investigators at the University of Mississippi.
By September of 2013, everyone in the room was familiar with one another — Spencer, the brother of then Ole Miss and future Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Donte Moncrief, their lawyer, and the lawyers for Ole Miss and the NCAA’s enforcement team, headed by a man named Mike Sheridan. Multiple sources confirmed to SB Nation Donte was first summoned to meet with Sheridan and the enforcement staff because of a photo of the junior wideout driving a red 2009 Dodge Challenger — his older brother’s car — in April of 2013.
As a result of that investigation, Donte Moncrief was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for receiving impermissible benefits the week of Sept. 16, 2013. Those benefits were defined solely as the ’09 Challenger, his brother’s car.
The notice from the NCAA didn’t break publicly. At the time, Ole Miss was on a bye before heading to play Alabama. But Moncrief’s future NFL career was now in serious jeopardy.
On Sept. 25, Spencer met again with the NCAA, having been instructed by his attorney to answer any question, provide any document possible to get his brother eligible to play football in Tuscaloosa in four days.
“To prove I owned my car, basically,” he says. “They hung up my brother’s career for that.”
This was the last time any of the Moncriefs would meet with the NCAA. Sheridan finally had his ace card on the Moncrief brothers, producing a copy of a stay folio (a receipt from a hotel visit that contains guest and financial information) that Sheridan http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-jack-butler-jersey-c-2_45.html said proved Spencer Moncrief was at a Comfort Suites in Gulfport, Miss., on March 7, 2013, the exact time Sheridan alleged that the monthly payment for the bank loan on his Challenger was paid in person at a bank in Tupelo, Miss., some 300 miles north.
“My reaction to the NCAA was, ‘How the hell do you know anything about where I was at? How did you get the information to know that?’” Spencer said.
Moncrief’s attorney Jesse Mitchell immediately ended the meeting to find out. The NCAA has no subpoena power — it can’t demand that businesses, private individuals, or public bodies turn over documents. Yet somehow the enforcement staff was trying to pin Moncrief down by using his own financial records.
What the Moncriefs didn’t know was that Sheridan’s theory of Spencer being in two places in the same time had been debunked a month prior by the bank itself. Through a timeline pieced together by SB Nation, it seemed as if Sheridan was bluffing, trying to see if Spencer Moncrief would break.
“Except I did pay my note in Tupelo. And it was my car,” Spencer Moncrief told SB Nation. “I’m a grown man. I’m not a kid. I’m a grown man with a car that I let my brother drive sometimes. I have a degree; why can’t I afford a car?
“The entire process, I was like dang, because I drive a car, a nice car, I really felt like they were discriminating. Honestly. ‘He’s black, he Matt Overton Kids Jersey can’t afford that car.’”
Angel92

Training Camp: Chargers take another injury hit

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 05:43

COSTA MESA, Calif. — It had an echo of business as usual when the Los Angeles Chargers placed wide receiver Mike Williams, their first-round http://www.officialchargesshop.com/shop-by-players-customized-jersey-c-1_11.html draft pick, on the physically unable to perform list Saturday (July 29) as the team reported to the Jack Hammett Sports Complex for the beginning of training camp.
In a tale all too familiar for the injury-plagued Chargers, Williams is trying to overcome a herniated disk in his lower back. The former Clemson star is joined on the active/PUP list by cornerback Jason Verrett (knee) and safety Darrell Stuckey.
Players on the PUP list count against the 90-man roster and can be activated at any time before final roster cuts.
Williams was seen as a key new target for quarterback Philip Rivers, who watched his favorite target, Keenan Allen, sidelined by injuries in each of the last two seasons.
The annual proliferation of Chargers injuries relegates news of another — even involving a first-round pick — to the dog-bites-man category.
But quarterbacks are big news on any NFL team, and so the most interesting headlines in the days leading up to training camp were about the travels of a couple of Chargers’ signal-callers — long-time star Rivers and newcomer Cardale Jones.
First, Rivers announced that he will not move his wife and eight children from their home of eight years in Rancho Sante Fe, just north of San Diego. Instead, he will commute in a customized vehicle that will include a chauffeur and a rolling quarterback room, complete with video screens.
“We just thought it was best for me and my family to go this route — that it was at least worth a try this first season, being that it wasn’t too far,” Rivers said on local radio. “There’s two things I didn’t want to compromise: I didn’t want to compromise my preparation/being a teammate. I love being a teammate, so I didn’t want to compromise that because I’m going back and forth. And I wasn’t going to compromise my time spent away from my family.”
Jones, Buffalo’s fourth-round draftee out of Ohio http://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-dez-bryant-jersey-c-2_11.html State last year, traveled to southern California Wednesday after the Chargers acquired him in a trade with Bills.
General manager Tom Telesco said the team had a high grade on Jones last year and was trying to get him since this year’s combine.
“Obviously we’re looking for competition at that spot,” Telesco said. “And with Cardale, he’s a quarterback with some developmental traits that are hard to find.”
Jones trained in San Diego before the draft last year with quarterback guru George Whitfield, working alongside Rivers’ brother, Stephen Rivers.
“He’s big. He’s strong. He’s got a strong arm,” Telesco said of Jones. “He’s a pretty good athlete, played at a high level and played well. But his body of work in college is not as large as you would like, so we know it’s going to take some time. But it’s hard to find a quarterback with those type of skills.”
Top summer battle
–OK, it’s a bit of a summer rerun. But the truth is the competition for spots along the offensive line — once again — will be among the most spirited in training camp. The Chargers surrendered on tackle King Dunlap and guards Orlando Franklin and D.J. Fluker in the offseason, eager to embrace change. They brought in left tackle Russell Okung and drafted Dan Feeney and Forrest Lamp and won’t it be fun to see which big body ends up where?
Matt Slauson, as usual, is in the middle of anything in the Chargers’ trenches. He was a stud last year at center. But he’s versatile, and enough of Jeff Heath Youth Jersey a veteran that he’d able to slide over to guard to make room for someone at center. There’s also Spencer Pulley and Kenny Wiggins sniffing around for snaps. Just maybe what was once a team weakness becomes a strength from fresh faces and agreeable depth. Either way, positions nearly all along the line will be for the taking.
Angel92

Sean Lee says Cowboys need to make better choices off the fi

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 06:33

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett spouted the company line when it was time to discuss the team’s most recent suspension, defensive http://www.authenticraiderssale.com/shop-by-players-shilique-calhoun-jersey-c-2_19.html end Damontre Moore being sidelined for two games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
Garrett and the Cowboys expected as much when they signed Moore. The suspension stemmed from a DUI arrest last December when he was a member of the Seattle Seahawks.
The Cowboys signed him anyway after making him go through a program with their support staff with strict conduct and behavior stipulations.
“We understood what that situation was when signed him,” Garrett said. “Like we talked the other day, he made great strides in our evaluations by our player engagement people and so we went ahead and made that signing under our conditions knowing full well a suspension was a possibility. ... But again we knew this situation with Damontre Moore before we signed him and he’s done a nice job since he’s been here.”
While that puts a nice little bow on the Cowboys’ point of view, it doesn’t change the optics that this is a team and organization that continually has suspension issues.
Moore is the fourth player to be suspended for the start of the upcoming season, joining defensive end Randy Gregory (one-year for violating the drug policy), defensive end David Irving (four games for taking a banned substance) and receiver Shaquille Evans (four games for violating the drug policy).
Evans has already been released.
But the Cowboys are facing three other possible suspensions in 2017, considering that linebacker Damien Wilson has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault from an incident in July, cornerback Nolan Carroll was arrested for DWI in Dallas in May and running back Ezekiel Elliott is awaiting the results of a year-long domestic violence investigation.
So while Garrett talks philosophically about the Moore suspension and the others along the defensive line being a great opportunity for guys to step in and show what they can do, the continued unavailability of teammates is a http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-jairus-byrd-jersey-c-1_18.html source of frustration to linebacker Sean Lee.
“No question this is a tough deal,” Lee said of the Moore suspension. “Guys have to understand we have this unbelievable opportunity to play with these teammates and to play for this organization. Anytime you have that opportunity you have to take advantage of it.”
Sadly, Lee said the Cowboys have experience dealing with these types of setbacks and they will overcome and move on.
The Cowboys have had an NFL-high 16 suspensions since 2014. They had three players suspended last year, four in 2015 and three in 2014. Of the three in 2016, two players were suspended twice in Gregory and linebacker Rolando McClain.
Lee said it’s past time for guys to learn to make the decisions on and off the field, and know they are affecting their teammates with their poor choices.
“Every decision I make I keep my teammates in mind,” Lee said. “I keep this organization in mind. I keep the fact that we have this unbelievable tradition in mind and this opportunity to play. As leaders, we have to teach some of these guys a better way and they have to respond.”
Lee had been waiting to address this issue Joe Greene Youth Jersey since the start of camp. He then went on a personal diatribe about what more the leaders can do, while drawing from his own personal experiences of unavailability due to injuries.
Angel92

Prep football kickoff: Mingo Central breaks in new coach for

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 07:18

Talk about not coming in with the cupboard bare.
Joey Fields will take over the reins at Mingo Central http://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-jimmie-ward-jersey-c-1_28.html with the Miners fresh off a Class AA state championship and loaded with five or six returning starters on offense and defense, including Kennedy Award-winning quarterback Jeremy Dillon.
Fields was an assistant for eight years under Yogi Kinder, who retired after last year’s 32-7 title-game win over Fairmont Senior at Wheeling Island Stadium.
It was a storybook ending for Kinder and now it’s Fields’ job to make sure the book on the Miners has many more chapters like the 2016 season.
“I think this is the most important year in the history of Mingo Central football,” Fields said. “We’ve got to find a way to keep it going.
“These guys have seen the rankings and have heard people talking. We’ve got to take care of us and let each day take care of itself. We have to come in every day approaching it like we got beat in the first round last year. We have to work that hard.”
The 27-year-old will have quite a list of skill players at his disposal, including leading receiver Drew Hatfield, who hauled in 66 receptions for 809 yards and 11 touchdowns a year ago as a freshman.
Joe Hunt, the MVP of last year’s championship game, is gone after rumbling for 1,506 yards and 25 scores from his running back position, but Dawson Elia will transfer in from Tug Valley for his senior season after rolling up 1,147 yards and 12 scores for the Panthers a year ago.
All of that, in addition to Dillon’s exploits after he exploded for 1,205 yards and 24 touchdowns on the ground, and threw for 2,852 yards with 37 touchdowns and three interceptions.
Fields has landed quite the gig in his first time as a head coach.
“I’m ecstatic about it,” Fields said. “I’m not taking it for granted. I’m lucky to be the football coach here and it’s not something I take lightly.”
Helping the Miners solidify the offensive and defensive lines will be a pair of transfers from Belfry, Kentucky, who live in Williamson. Justin Barker (6-foot-3, 230 pounds) and Jacob Baisden (6-1, 287 pounds) were starters for the state-champion Pirates a year ago.
“When we first consolidated, we were losing a lot http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-jared-crick-jersey-c-1_42.html of kids across the river,” Fields said. “Now they see the success we’re starting to have and they may say, ‘It’s a good opportunity for me at home.’ ”
The buzz around the team doesn’t end just with the product on the field, however.
Mingo has so many uniform combinations Fields said, “[We] try not to wear the same thing over again,” during the course of the regular season. There’s now the Mingo Central Football app and a ton of promotional videos available on Twitter and YouTube, largely generated by Wes Wilson, a photographer and uniform designer for the school.
At a game on Miner Mountain, you could see firework displays, even an emcee behind the end zone, blasting out songs between plays and during timeouts. All of that has attracted 32 freshmen to come out for the team this season and now there’s a state championship banner to go along with everything else.
“[An assistant coach] said the other day, ‘You’ve got an app, a new locker room, videos every day, but that don’t transition to wins on the field,” Fields said. “I didn’t say anything at the time but I told him later, ‘I think it does.’ The kids are seeing this. We’re not going to shy away from it. We may have had the best Terence Newman Youth Jersey season in the history of Mingo County and with that comes excitement, tradition and bringing the community together.
Angel92

Seriously, why does Bruce Allen call Kirk Cousins ‘Kurt’?

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 08:08

A few questions on the morning http://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-troy-aikman-jersey-c-2_51.html after the Kirk Cousins long-term contract extension deadline arrived and departed, being too beautiful for this world.
Q: Why does Bruce Allen call Kirk Cousins “Kurt”?
A: To us few obsessed souls, this is, of course, nothing new. But the issue seems to have attracted unprecedented national interest on Monday: It was mentioned on ESPN, was written about on national websites and was all over social media. The only thing surprising was to see so many render the alternate first name as “Curt” rather than “Kurt.” Since both are potential spellings, why not stick with the one that shares the same http://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-lael-collins-jersey-c-2_29.html first letter as the quarterback’s actual name?
Anyhow, as is his wont, Allen referred to Cousins at least six times on Monday by what I always assumed was a pet name: “Kurt,” or “Curt.” It seems like the easiest thing in the world, pronouncing correctly the one-syllable name of your franchise quarterback — just a basic show of respect and appreciation.
Cousins, though, said on Tuesday that he wasn’t bothered by this situation, and doesn’t mind the misnomer.
“I really don’t,” he told 106.7 the Fan’s Grant Paulsen during a lengthy interview that mostly focused on more serious topics. “I’ve been called Kurt my entire life. I remember having different teachers and instructors who would call Willie Brown Authentic Jersey me Kurt — K-U-R-T — and it doesn’t matter. It is what it is, that’s fine, not a big deal. There’s a lot of other things I’ve got to worry about. … Trust me, it’s probably not as big an issue as some people may make it out to be.”
Angel92

Oklahoma Sooners Hot Links: Landry Jones quite possibly has

Postby Angel92 » Aug 1st, '17, 08:54

Happy Tuesday, Sooner nation!
We’re in the home stretch. Soon, we’ll stop talking http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-delvin-breaux-jersey-c-1_13.html about football and just watch the damn thing. And it will be a beautiful day.
Without further ado, here’s today’s edition of Hot Links:
OU Links:
I’ve often said that there’s no cushier job than being a backup QB in the NFL — they get paid pretty good sums of cash with relatively high job security to stand around 90% of the time. Former Sooner standout Landry Jones knows this well.
I’ve got to say, Trae Young is looking pretty good...
OU men’s hoops released its finalized http://www.authenticsteelerssale.com/shop-by-players-louis-lipps-jersey-c-2_48.html non-conference schedule, with a slate of games including opponents like Alabama, Northwestern, and USC.
Jordan Thomas’ teammates are lobbying for his inclusion on the Thorpe Award watch list.
The Sooners’ annual not-so-secret recruiting barbecue is coming up this weekend. Sooner Scoop’s Josh McCuistion takes a look at positions of need for the Sooners heading into the event.
National Links:
Yesterday, Dallas Cowboys receiver Lucky Whitehead was cut from the team after a warrant was issued in his name. Turns out it was a case of mistaken identity. Not a great look for the Cowboys:
If you’re a football fan — and if you’re reading this, odds are great that you are — you need to check out the New York Times’ report on CTE, concussions, and brain injuries.
Julio Jones ain’t all that different than you and I...except for the whole freak athlete part.
Digging Last Chance U season two? Me too. Find Navorro Bowman Youth Jersey out where players from both seasons are now. Some spoilers if you haven’t finished the show yet.
Did LeBron just call #FakeNews?
Angel92

The Jaguars should sign Colin Kaepernick

Postby Angel92 » Aug 2nd, '17, 01:39

“I am the captain of my destiny, I do not abandon the ship in hard times. But, I do have sense enough not to go down with the ship” - Cesare Pavese
The quote above very well reflects the http://www.billsshopofficial.com/shop-by-players-ronald-darby-jersey-c-1_45.html thoughts of many Jacksonville Jaguars fans, with regards to the team’s current quarterback situation. After coming off a dreadful season in 2016, Blake Bortles has had a very up-and-down beginning to training camp. Everyone knows about the practice with five interceptions, but there have been other struggles as well, mainly with accuracy.
This isn't a new problem with Bortles. It’s something he's struggled with for his entire career.
However, it is a bit of a red flag, as the accuracy issues last year were placed on bad mechanics. Bortles spent the offseason refining his mechanics, yet the accuracy issues continue to show up each practice, along with bad decision-making.
Now, that’s not to say Bortles has been completely awful and shown nothing good, because that’s simply not the case. He has shown some nice things in each practice, with the exception of Saturday night’s interception-laden practice.
However, given his history and the fact that these bad tendencies are still lingering into his fourth year, there has to be some real concern with the quarterback position going into this season and beyond. Chad Henne is a career backup who is not having a good camp at all. Brandon Allen has shown some real flashes these first few practices, but he’s a sixth-round pick who to this point has to yet to establish himself as a true contender for the starting job in the eyes the coaching staff(s).
Let me be clear: I am not suggesting fully abandoning the Bortles ship. I do not think bringing in another quarterback and automatically anointing him the starter while kicking Bortles to the curb is what’s best for anyone. Jumping overboard and abandoning the vessel we are currently on that is struggling to maintain course may not be the best approach.
I do think, however, that having another ship on http://www.cheapdolphinsonline.com/shop-by-players-nat-moore-jersey-c-1_44.html standby that is seaworthy would be ideal.
If there was a quarterback with plenty of NFL experience, who has excelled in offenses similar to the one the Jaguars want to run, who has scored 72 touchdowns to just 30 interceptions, who has started a Super Bowl, and who would not require giving up assets in a trade...
There is, you say? Who could it be?
We all know the elephant in the room is Colin Kaepernick, but I’m not interested in discussing anything outside of what he would give from opening kickoff to closing whistle. I’m going to completely ignore the political aspect of things here and just look at things from a football perspective.
In my opinion, Kapernick represents a perfect situation for the Jaguars. As mentioned before, he has plenty of starting experience in the league, including the playoffs and Super Bowl. He thrives in the offensive style the Jaguars want to use, making smart, accurate throws to supplement a ground attack (which is also something he could contribute to).
Given the fact that he’s still currently unsigned, you could also bring him in under the agreement that he is competing for the starting job, and that’s really what makes this an ideal situation to me.
He’s also young, just 29 years old.
As mentioned before, by advocating for the Jaguars to sign Kaepernick, I am not completely abandoning ship on Bortles. Ideally, you would have the two compete for the starting gig.
If Kaepernick wins, it was a wise decision to bring him in. If Bortles wins, you now have a much more serviceable backup than Chad Henne, should Bortles get injured or continue to struggle.
If Kaepernick earns the starting nod, you just put yourself into the playoffs via the easiest division in football, and solved your quarterback issue for the next few years. If Bortles keeps his job, then you shouldn’t be too far out from being able Julian Edelman Authentic Jersey to nab a top prospect at the quarterback position in next year’s draft.
Here’s the bottom line: Kaepernick, at the very least, gives you a legitimate backup to Bortles. It also brings the possibility that you would then have a quality starter under center, commanding a team that most around the NFL agree can compete for the playoffs now if the quarterback play is decent. Signing Kaepernick won’t cost you any draft picks and the Jaguars just added a big chunk of change to an already hefty cap space with Branden Albert’s retirement.
Let’s not abandon the Bortles ship yet. Let’s just make sure we have a lifeboat handy in the event that we need to.
Angel92

PreviousNext

Return to The Dracula Forum - Netiquette