The New York Santos Borre Jersey

The Dracula Forum - General Conditions of Use

UMass QB Andrew Ford named to Unitas watch list

Postby Angel92 » Aug 3rd, '17, 07:07

A year ago Andrew Ford was just http://www.coltsshopauthentic.com/shop-by-players-15-phillip-dorsett-jersey-c-1_6.html competing for a chance to play. Now he’s competing for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm award, which announced its preseason watch list Wednesday.
The gilded honor goes to the nation’s top senior quarterback for accomplishments on and off the field. Fourth-year juniors like Ford, are also eligible if they are on track to graduate with their class, which he is.
Ford is one of 47 passers on the watch list, which will be narrowed to 15 in September. The award will be bestowed on Dec.8 in Baltimore, Unitas’ hometown.
“The Golden Arm Award values character, citizenship, integrity, leadership, and sportsmanship – characteristics that were displayed by my father. These attributes were every bit as important as the quarterback’s completion rate or the number of touchdowns scored,” says John C. Unitas, Jr., President of the Johnny Unitas Golden http://www.officialchargesshop.com/shop-by-players-dexter-mccoil-jersey-c-1_18.html Arm Educational Foundation, Inc. “Despite his many accolades, my Dad never forgot his humble beginnings and that won him a permanent place in the hearts of everyone who ever knew him.”
Ford, a 6-foot-3 Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, native, transferred to UMass last year after spending one year at Virginia Tech and one in junior college.
Ross Comis won the starting quarterback job out of camp. Ford unseated him in Game 3. They shared in the job in games five and six before a season-ending injury to Comis.
Ford found his stride down the stretch. In 10 games he completed 222-of-365 passes for 2,665 yards. He threw 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
He joins Adam Breneman (Mackey Award, Biletnikoff Award, Wuerffel Trophy), Andy Isabella (Biletnikoff), Steve Casali (Nagurski Award) and Logan Stefon Diggs Womens Jersey Laurent (Guy Award) on preseason watch lists.
Matt Vautour can be reached at mvautour@gazettenet.com. Get UMass coverage delivered in your Facebook news feed at www.facebook.com/GazetteUMassCoverage
Angel92

Notes and observations from the New Orleans Saints practice

Postby Angel92 » Aug 3rd, '17, 08:04

Notes and observations from the New Orleans Saints practice Saturday.
Attendance: T Terron Armstead (PUP), center http://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-chuck-foreman-jersey-c-2_37.html Max Unger (PUP), TE John Phillips (NFI), OL Senio Kelemete (PUP) and DT Devaroe Lawrence (NFI) did not practice.
Returned to action: CB Damian Swann
Dress code: Pads
Top plays:
WR Brandon Coleman continued a strong start to camp by beating CB Marshon Lattimore up the sideline for a touchdown. The play also served as a reminder that there are going to be some growing pains with Lattimore as he continues to settle in.
S Chris Banjo provided a little glimpse into the kind of depth the Saints have at safety by crashing down and breaking up a pass to Garrett Griffin and another to Josh Hill. S Erik Harris came right behind with a nice one on a pass intended for Hill.
WR Willie Snead had a nice win in a one-on-one drill between the cornerbacks and receivers when he broke inside on an in route and created a good amount of separation from cornerback P.J. Williams.
The ball just seems to find WR Corey Fuller. He caught both of the passes thrown to him during team drills and won both of his reps in http://www.authenticcoltssale.com/shop-by-players-coby-fleener-jersey-c-1_11.html one-on-ones, one against De’Vante Harris and another against Delvin Breaux.
DT Justin Zimmer had a nice series when he blew up a Trey Edmunds run in the backfield, and then beat guard Landon Turner for a pressure. DT Mitchell Loewen also flashed a few times and had a sack.
DE Hau’oli Kikaha has looked pretty good so far. His run defense stands out, and he’s had a few good rushes.
Angel92

Hampton grad David Watford working hard to make the Eagles

Postby Angel92 » Aug 3rd, '17, 08:48

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver David Watford has http://www.authenticdolphinsjerseys.com/shop-by-players-matt-moore-jersey-c-1_40.html been keeping his sleeves rolled up in training camp. Watford landed a spot on the Eagles practice squad last year. The 6-foot-2, 212-pounder accomplished this task as an undrafted free agent out of Hampton University. The next step for Watford is to secure a spot on the Eagles’ 53-man roster. He knows what he has do to in order to reach this goal.
“I just have to keep working every day,” Watford said. “I just have to keep proving myself day in and day out. I have to keep working and finding the little things to do. I did get a lot of experience last year. I’m just using that experience for this year. I’m just trying to take it one day at a time to get better.”
Watford has made a lot of strides over the past year. In 2015, he came out of Hampton as one of the top quarterback in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. He completed 167-of-315 passes for 2,088 yards with 21 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He made a big adjustment when he came to Eagles moving from quarterback to wide receiver.
“It took a little while,” Watford said. “It wasn’t easy. It was a tough transition in a sense because it take a lot of attention to detail. It was a lot of work and a lot of practice.”
The NFL has already started, but the college football season is right around the corner. Watford keeps up with Hampton’s football program. He is one of a long list of Black college players in the NFL. HBCU football is well represented in the NFL. Hampton has produced some great players over the years such as Justin Durant, Kendall Langford and Chris Baker.
“It’s a lot of good competition,” Watford said. “Even though they’re smaller schools, they’re still very talented. There is a lot of guys from http://www.authenticpackerssale.com/shop-by-players-89-dave-robinson-jersey-c-1_41.html the MEAC who play in the NFL for a long time. They get a lot of opportunities.
“I played against Javon Hargrave [former South Carolina State star] who plays for the [Pittsburgh] Steelers. He was a great player.”
Watford credits the Pirates football program for getting him to this stage of his career. Hampton played a significant role in Watford’s development.
“I definitely keep in touch with everybody,” Watford said. “During the summer, I go back and train at Hampton. I keep in touch with the strength coach, the football staff and all the players. I know the guys who are there. I try to mentor them as much as I can.”
Angel92

Two arrested on disorderly conduct charges; investigation in

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 01:40

Plano police arrested Jorge L. Hernandez-Medina, 19, of the 800 http://www.authenticsteelerssale.com/shop-by-players-heath-miller-jersey-c-2_29.html block of West South Street, Plano, and a 14-year-old on charges of disorderly conduct July 30 at 11:13 p.m. in the 700 block of West Dearborn Street.
Police said they were summoned to Dearborn Street along with Little Rock-Fox Fire Protection District firefighters on a report of a small fire.
Upon further investigation, police said they determined that two people had set a small bag of leaves on fire and had fled the area.
A short time later, police said they located and arrested Hernandez-Medina and the teen. Police said Hernandez-Medina was later released on http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-darrius-heywardbey-jersey-c-2_42.html bond pending a court date later this month, while the juvenile was referred to Kendall County Juvenile Probations department.
Police said earlier in the morning on July 30 at approximately 3:02 a.m. they had been summoned along with firefighters to a shed on fire in the 300 block of West Dearborn Street.
Later in the morning, at approximately 4:39 a.m., police said they observed a gas can that was set on fire in the 800 block of West South Street. Police said the fire in the can was extinguished and no damage was reported.
Police said they are continuing to investigate all Ryan Tannehill Authentic Jersey three incidents for a possible connection.
Angel92

Mason Crosby's career longevity not yet defined

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 02:33

GREEN BAY – Last year right around this time, on a poorly painted football field in Canton, Ohio, Mason Crosby got a chance to chat http://www.authenticpackerssale.com/shop-by-players-78-jason-spriggs-jersey-c-1_37.html with the kicker everyone in the business would love to emulate.
The Colts’ Adam Vinatieri had just as little to do as Crosby in preparation for the Hall of Fame non-game, so the conversation went beyond the usual pleasantries. Crosby wanted to find out what he could about Vinatieri’s longevity secrets as the Canton-bound kicker was about to begin his, at the time, 21st season in the NFL.
“I picked Adam’s brain last year, and he’s like, ‘You know, it does get harder every year, but you find ways to improve and keep your mind and body sharp, and just work that much harder every time,’” Crosby recalled earlier this week. “It keeps you motivated to keep you going.”
Crosby, the Packers’ all-time leading scorer who has shown no signs of slowing down as he embarks on his second decade in Green Bay, would love to keep going as long as he can.
Vinatieri has put up numbers that stand on their own in the current era. At age 44, the four-time Super Bowl champion, after 10 seasons in New England, is now entering his 12th in Indianapolis. He ranks third in league history in field goals made and points scored, and he could top both charts sometime in 2018 if he can secure another contract beyond this season.
Crosby doesn’t concern himself with the stats, per se, but talking with Vinatieri reaffirmed that Green Bay’s sixth-round draft pick from 2007, who will turn 33 in a month and a day, takes the right approach to his craft.
“I look at every offseason and make sure I find something that’s going to get me better every year,” Crosby said. “As long as I do that and as long as I love coming here every day and working hard and my mind’s in it, I’m going to go as long as I can perform.”
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers recently said he thought he was beginning the “back nine” of his career, and perhaps the same could be said for Crosby. “If you’re meaning nine more years, yeah, that would be good, right?” the avid golfer said with a smile.
What’s different for Crosby is he doesn’t even feel like he’s got 10 seasons under his belt. Five years ago, he suffered through his worst season as a pro, had to fight to keep his job the following summer, and has come out the other end better than he was.
Over the last four seasons (2013-16), Crosby has made 85.9 percent of his field goals (110-128), a significant jump from his 76.8 percent career http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-garrett-grayson-jersey-c-1_15.html conversion rate (152-198) up to that point.
“I always talk about 2012 almost being like a re-set in my career,” he said. “I feel like from that year on, it was a whole new start for me. I feel good.”
Crosby also hasn’t let the recent revolving door at long-snapper and holder knock him out of his rhythm.
Last year, the Packers changed punters in the final week of the preseason, claiming Jake Schum and parting ways with the holder (Tim Masthay) Crosby had worked with for six straight years.
Undrafted rookie Justin Vogel is now the only punter in camp, while another undrafted rookie, Derek Hart, is trying to win the snapping job Brett Goode held down for the last seven years, minus a brief injury absence late in 2015 and through the 2016 offseason.
"You've got to give Mason a lot of credit," Head Coach Mike McCarthy said. "That's a challenge, there's no doubt about it. He's got a lot of Josh Ferguson Kids Jersey patience, a lot of professionalism working with those guys.
“I think he definitely has the right combination of demeanor and experience to work through that, but it's definitely a challenge."
So far in camp, Crosby is 14-of-15 in live field-goal periods, the only miss clanking the left upright from 42 yards out last Saturday.
The NFL being the ever-changing world that it is, there’s no guarantee more last-minute switches to the field-goal operation aren’t coming again this year, but Crosby isn’t letting the possibility distract from his preparation.
“It’s one of those where, while I’m in the moment, I’m working with these guys, and we’re going to be the best unit we can be,” he said. “Those decisions aren’t mine to make, so I have to keep my head down and just keep making sure that I’m as good as I can be right now, and getting these guys ready if they are the guys. That’s kind of the mindset.”
Crosby’s also moving on from the disappointing finish to a great 2016 season, as he missed a first-quarter, 41-yarder in Atlanta in the NFC title game that snapped his NFL record for consecutive made field goals in the postseason at 23.
He had set the mark in Arizona the year before and then extended it with the two dramatic kicks from 50-plus in Dallas last January, the unquestioned high point of his career.
“It was a great run,” he said. “Disappointed how it ended there in Atlanta, just how that game went. I just need to make that kick. I’ve been so solid, just a little blip on the radar, have to flush and move on from.
“I hope to obviously have more playoff opportunities and get another one rolling.”
As for his regular-season franchise records, he’ll just keep piling on. With 1,267 career points, he’s already more than 200 ahead of former leader Ryan Longwell, and with 262 field goals, he’s three dozen ahead of Longwell atop that list.
In addition, he has the four highest single-season point totals and the seven longest field goals made in team history.
It’s mind-boggling to think how far out of Dj Fluker Authentic Jersey reach he’ll put his records by the time he’s done, but Crosby doesn’t seem close to that yet.
“I feel almost young in my career as far as, it’s been five years now since 2012, and my mindset is just keep adding, just keep putting those numbers up, keep making kicks to help us score points and win games,” he said.
“At the end of the career, those will be things you look back and say it was an amazing run. My goal is to do it as long as possible.”
Angel92

Cleveland Browns Top 25: Jamar Taylor an integral part of th

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 03:49

We have ranked the top 25 players on http://www.officialvikingshop.com/shop-by-players-john-randle-jersey-c-2_37.html the Browns roster with a projection of what to expect in 2017 as well as looking back on last season.
College >> Boise State
Ranking >> 15th of 25
Taylor’s background >> Jamar Taylor is a classic example of how a change of scenery can save a player’s career.
Taylor was a second-round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2013 — pick 54 overall. He played in nine games without a start as a rookie and in 24 games over the next two seasons.
The Dolphins gave up on Taylor and on April 30, 2016, traded him plus the 250th pick in the draft that year to the Browns for the 223rd pick. Advantage, Browns.
The 250th pick turned out to be linebacker Scooby Wright from Arizona. Wright was eventually cut, but Taylor ended up starting 14 games for the Browns. For the record, the Dolphins used the 223rd pick on quarterback Brandon Doughty from Western Kentucky. Doughty is still on the Dolphins roster.
The Browns gave Taylor a three-year contract extension soon after the 2016 season ended.
“He’s an extremely hard worker and has shown true perseverance throughout his NFL career,” said Browns Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown. “His veteran presence and flexible skill set that allows him at nickel and corner has proved to be a valuable asset to our team.”
Taylor enjoys snowboarding in his spare time.
Why Taylor is ranked 15th >> Taylor doesn’t get tested as often as left cornerback Joe Haden does, but he is an integral part of the defense as someone who can play the right cornerback and slot. The Browns’ decision to give him contract http://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-brandon-fusco-jersey-c-2_34.html extension is proof he is in their plans for a time when they hope to be competitive.
2016 recap >> Taylor played in 15 games and made 14 starts. He tied for the Browns team lead with Briean Boddy-Calhoun with three interceptions and led the secondary with 57 tackles. He broke up 13 passes, also best on the team. Taylor earned Most Improved Player from Pro Football Focus for the turn around from his final year in Miami to his first year with the Browns. He was ranked 106th by PFF in 2015 and 19th last year.
Why Taylor is important to 2017 >> One reason Taylor was more successful last season than he was in Miami is he played about one third of his snaps covering the slot receiver as the nickel back. He played nickel only five percent of the time with the Dolphins.
The Browns are counting on him to take on more of a leadership role this season.
“He’s pretty soft-spoken so he really doesn’t say a whole lot,” defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker said. “At the same time, you can just see his leadership through his work ethic.”
Prediction for 2017 >> Taylor is in a different system with Dan Herron Jersey Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator, but his role in coverage won’t change much. He had enough sustained success last year that at 26 he should be in the prime of his career.
Angel92

Bills build love by sharing life stories

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 06:03

Pittsford, NY - While Sean McDermott preaches 4-3 defense and zone run blocking to the Bills, he's also preaching love.
Two or three times a week, McDermott has one http://www.authenticpatriotsstore.com/shop-by-players-dion-sims-jersey-c-1_17.html of the Bills stand up before a team meeting and talk about their background or their life story.
"It's been inspirational, emotional. I know I've cried at a couple of them," Lorenzo Alexander said.
"It’s very intimate in nature and private, as you can imagine," McDermott said. "You watch the look on the players faces and the staff’s faces that are in there and it’s a pretty dialed-in moment."
It's also something players from 12 year vets like Kyle Williams to rookies like Dion Dawkins say they've never seen before.
McDermott hasn't seen a head coach try it either, thought he admits experimenting with something similar as a defensive coordinator.
"When you build any type of team, as far as we're concerned, you need to know your teammates," McDermott said. "What better way to know your teammate than for individuals to share their personal stories."
"You got the opportunity to see, to pull back the curtain and see where guys come from," Williams said.
"I know more about some of my teammates that just got here than some of my buddies that I've been friends with on the team for five years," said center Eric Wood.
Jerry Hughes is one of the players who has done the speaking. He talked about his parents. "i have a fantastic mom and dad."
He also has a new friend.
"I'm actually building a relationship with an offensive guard. We're hanging out, talking. Getting to know him a lot better. I love it," Hughes said.
While his players get to know each other, McDermott is also making a point to know them. Eric Wood says McDermott will ask about players' wives by their first name. He's doesn't talk only to superstars or veterans. It's rookies, too.
"He sat down with us the other day just to talk with us while we were eating. Just me and another rookie," quarterback Nate Peteman said. "Never been in the NFL, but I don't know many other coaches that do that. It really meant a lot."
Dawkins says he feels more comfortable going to McDermott with questions after getting to know him better. If he doesn't understand instructions from his position coach, Dawkins can get clarification from McDermott "not from a coach to http://www.billsjerseysale.com/shop-by-players-tyrod-taylor-jersey-c-1_51.html a player, but from a man to a man."
Dawkins adds that McDermott is nothing like the "stuck-up" reputation expected from NFL coaches.
"He eats with us. He raps it up with us. He's just a cool coach. He's a genuine guy," Dawkins said. "He's normal."
Developing that relationship with players, especially rookies, can be valuable in ways beyond learning a playbook or team bonding. It Jerry Hughes Authentic Jersey can head off possible serious problems before they start--football related or otherwise.
"Every year in camp, you hear about a player walking away from the game or having an absence or just leaving because you don't know what they're going through," Alexander said. "When your head coach takes the time--somebody that we put on a pedestal--comes down, wants to talk to you and really get to know you as a man, it's that much better."
The impromptu soul-spilling at meetings is also easing the NFL transition for rookies. Not to mention the speed at which new guys get to know their teammates.
"I've gotten to talking with a few of these guys just in person," Peterman said. "Somehow, they seem to share more in front of everybody else."
"You walk around and guys are always joking, smiling, just being like regular dudes," Dawkins said. "Then, they get up in front of the team room and they tell a story and it's like, 'Wow. I never thought that was something that you were going through'."
Alexander thinks all this will help the Bills because it's not a psychological game. It's McDermott being himself.
"The good (coaches) have done a good job of playing to their character and what they believe in and not trying to be somebody that they're not," Alexander said. "Sean has done a great job of doing that."
Danny Crossman, now on his third head coach as the man in charge of special teams, tried to sum up McDermott's coaching personality.
"He is an unquestioned leader with a fabulous, loving touch. I know that’s going to sound weird when we sit here and talk about football circles," Crossman said. "There’s no question who is in command. At the same time, you know he cares and how deeply he cares."
Kyle Williams thought the assessment was spot on.
"He's a coach that holds guys accountable," Williams said. "Has a very clear line of where you need to stand and what you need to be doing, but he also wants us to come together as a team to love each other, love your teammate, love everybody around you."
That love can certainly lead to wins or, at the very least, effort.
"We're from all different walks of life," Richie Incognito O.J. Simpson Kids Jersey said. "We're a big family and to hear from these guys and hear what they've been through, it makes me want to work that much harder for them."
Which should make that 4-3 and zone blocking stuff come together a bit quicker.
Angel92

Riverdale alumni, NFL lineman Cordy Glenn gives back to Alma

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 06:45

RIVERDALE — Giving back to the community in http://www.cheapdolphinsonline.com/shop-by-players-larry-csonka-jersey-c-1_35.html which they come from is a goal for many professional athletes. Riverdale native Cordy Glenn is the latest to stay true to his roots.
Glenn is a current member of the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. In 2016, he signed a five-year contract extension worth $65 million with $30 million guaranteed. At the time, the contract made Glenn the highest-paid left tackle in the NFL.
The Riverdale High alumni used some of that money to give back to his Alma Mater last week. Glenn donated 90 pairs of Nike cleats to the program for players to use during the upcoming season.
“This is a very special deal for so many of our players,” Riverdale head coach Terry Herrod said. “A large number of our guys before today http://www.cheappatriotssale.com/shop-by-players-lavelle-hawkins-jersey-c-1_39.html had never owned a new pair of football cleats. We have been recycling cleats for the past five years. Cordy impacted a lot of young men today with his gift.”
Glenn is a 2008 graduate of Riverdale where he played under current Mount Zion head coach Kevin Jones. He was named to the PrepStar All-America Team and was a 2007 Atlanta Journal-Constitution Super Southern 100 selection. The AJC also named him a Class AAAA All-State Honorable Mention in 2007.
He then moved on to the University of Georgia, where he earned First Team All-SEC honors during his senior season. He is tied for first in Matt Darr Kids Jersey career starts with Clint Boling at 50. Glenn was drafted in the second round of the 2012 Draft by the Bills.
Glenn is currently preparing for the upcoming NFL season. The Bills begin training camp Thursday.
Angel92

Which players would appear on a Miami Dolphins’ Mount Rushmo

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 07:40

It’s large, it’s iconic and it’s carved http://www.officialbengalssales.com/shop-by-players-adam-jones-jersey-c-1_3.html into a mountain face. Nothing symbolizes the foundation and greatness of this country quite like the four faces that are etched into Mount Rushmore.
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln are undoubtedly four of the most influential and important figures in American history and we honor them in South Dakota with a massive granite sculpture.
Translating the same sort of influence these men had in the NFL, Bleacher Report asked the question, who would be on each NFL team’s Mount Rushmore? While there were many great names in Dolphins history four players stood out above the rest and will forever be immortalized in stone: Dan Marino, Don Shula, Bob Griese and Larry Csonka.
“A franchise like the Dolphins is so well-known http://www.officialbengalsshop.com/shop-by-players-will-montgomery-jersey-c-2_122.html for its glory days that it would be silly to commission a Mount Dolphinsmore that wasn't heavy on the undefeated 1972 squad,” Bleacher Report’s Brad Gagnon wrote.
Shula, Griese and Csonka were all a part of the legendary Dolphins’ teams in the early 1970s -- Shula the coach, Griese the quarterback and Csonka the running back. The 1972 team is arguably the most famous in NFL history posting the only undefeated record throughout an entire season. All three are in the Hall of fame. Csonka’s early departure from Miami in the mid-1970s unfortunately put an end to the dynasty.
Marino was also a no-brainer for this big bust. Despite not winning a title like the ‘70s trio, the Hall-of-Fame quarterback pretty much did everything else for the Dolphins. He is second all-time in the NFL with 61,361 career passing yards, second in career touchdowns with 420 and second in passes completed at 4,967.
“For what it's worth, despite having a bad rep for George Johnson Womens Jersey playoff failures, he won eight postseason games and led the Dolphins to the Super Bowl in his second season,” Gagnon wrote.
Angel92

Taco, Gathers, Woods & Andy Jones Among Players To Watch In

Postby Angel92 » Aug 4th, '17, 08:27

Sure, it’s just the preseason opener – the first of five preseason exhibitions the Cowboys have to play this year. But on a weekend when http://www.officialnflfalconsshop.com/cheap-youth-atlanta-falcons-sam-meredith-pro-line-team-color-jersey-105897-p-693.html team owner/general manager Jerry Jones is being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the atmosphere promises to be a special one.
With a lengthy preseason still in front of them, the Cowboys aren’t likely to give their starters too much playing time at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium on Thursday night. Instead, it figures to be a youth movement, as the Cowboys’ coaching staff gets its first look at this year’s rookies and depth players in a game environment.
As is customary, the full staff of DallasCowboys.com have chosen two players each – one on offense, one on defense – to watch as the Cowboys square off against the Cardinals.
Rob Phillips
RB Rod Smith: Smith has been one of the best stories of camp so far. He's back at tailback, his natural position, and he's running with explosion and authority in these training camp practices. He's had a cup of coffee on the active roster before, but his versatility as a special teams player makes him an intriguing candidate to win a backup spot behind Ezekiel Elliott. If the former Buckeye gets a few carries tonight, he'll look to make the most of them.
DE Taco Charlton: The Cowboys' first-round pick has actually played in Canton before as a high-school junior growing up in Ohio. He'll have a lot more eyes on him tonight. The last few days of training camp have been better than the first. He seems to have improved his technique and his balance, and he's winning more in the pass rush. A strong showing in a homecoming of sorts could really boost his confidence entering the second half of camp.
David Helman
FB Keith Smith: I’ll take the other Smith currently working in the Cowboys’ backfield. It’s remarkable to remember that this guy spent his first preseason as a linebacker, then made the switch to fullback with no guarantees that it’d work out. Almost two years later, I consider him a lock to make this team – and with good reason. He’s surprisingly natural as a receiver, and I think the coaching staff trusts him to take some work as a runner, as well. Ezekiel Elliott and Darren McFadden are unlikely to play in this game at all, and I wonder if Alfred Morris will get much work, either. I’m not going to be surprised if http://www.officialpanthersstore.com/shop-by-players-ryan-delaire-jersey-c-9_81.html Keith Smith winds up as the second-leading rusher behind Rod Smith in this game.
S Xavier Woods: The rookie safety hasn’t flashed much at training camp – but it’s not as though he’s had a ton of opportunity. Woods is stuck behind a lot of experienced players, so he’s currently running with the third-team at the tail end of practice. Tonight, he’ll hopefully get much more playing time than that. I’m hoping Woods will get to play most of, if not the entire second half. Working against the Cardinals’ reserves, hopefully we’ll get to see some of those playmaking instincts that excited the Cowboys enough to trade up in the draft to get him.
Nick Eatman
TE Rico Gathers: This is probably the easiest one to watch because I’ll have plenty of other Cowboys fans right along with me trying to check him out. Some days he looks like a young prospect who might have a chance to become something great. Other days he looks like he hasn’t played football since he was 13 before last year. So this game will be interesting to see how far he’s come in one full year. We know Jason Witten won’t play this game and I wouldn’t expect Geoff Swaim and/or James Hanna to get a ton of reps either, considering they missed all summer with injuries. Gathers will get his chances in this game. I think we need to be just as focused on his blocking as his pass-catching. If he doesn’t catch the ball, it’s an incomplete pass. If he misses a block, it could be worse.
S Kavon Frazier – He seems like somewhat of a forgotten guy at safety. I don’t think the coaches have forgotten him at all, but with Jeff Heath taking over as the starter and the Cowboys drafting Xavier Woods and signing Robert Blanton in free agency, Frazier has slid under the radar. Sometimes, that’s a good thing. He looks like he’s Andre Tippett Authentic Jersey bulked up considerably in the offseason. He was already a good tackler in space. I think it’ll be important to see his range and movement and how well he reacts in the passing game. It certainly wouldn’t hurt for him to make a few standout plays on special teams.
Angel92

PreviousNext

Return to The Dracula Forum - Netiquette