The New York Santos Borre Jersey

The Dracula Forum - General Conditions of Use

Gase sees difference in run defense; Dolphins personnel note

Postby Angel92 » Aug 5th, '17, 01:32

A bunch of Dolphins notes after Day 6 http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-andrus-peat-jersey-c-1_2.html of training camp on Wednesday:
• It’s too soon to know if the Dolphins’ run defense, which tied for last in the league in yards allowed per carry (4.8), is appreciably better. But early signs in training camp are encouraging.
A bunch of runs have been stopped for short gains, no gains or losses. And though there have been some big runs, there’s a clear difference from a year ago.
“I’ve noticed a difference with the d-line,” coach Adam Gase said. “They’re so sound right now. They are closing things down in the running game very quickly. It’s been very difficult running the football, especially in the edge.”
New defensive end William Hayes has helped in that regard. And the defensive tackle play, a concern, has been pretty stout. Vincent Taylor, the rookie sixth-rounder, made a couple of impressive stops in the running game Wednesday, albeit against other backups.
“They are hammering it good – those second, third groups,” Gase said, noting that some runs are still gaining good yards. It’s all about consistency.”
The unanswered question, of course, is whether the strong play of the run defense is partly a reflection of poor offensive line play, with http://www.coltsshopauthentic.com/shop-by-players-1-pat-mcafee-jersey-c-1_2.html the Dolphins continuing to hold center Mike Pouncey out of team drills.
“We learned a lot what we needed to improve on schematically,” Gase said of his defense. “There are times everyone was on the same page [last season] and sometimes we would be way off and gashed in the running game and passing game. We added some guys with veteran presence.”
Angel92

Bills camp injuries: LeSean McCoy, Brandon Tate back in acti

Postby Angel92 » Aug 5th, '17, 02:18

Buffalo Bills star running back LeSean McCoy http://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-aaron-burbridge-jersey-c-1_2.html missed Tuesday’s practice with a stomach bug that developed overnight. He was healthy enough to return to practice on Wednesday, as Sal Capaccio first reported. Also returning to practice was wide receiver and returner Brandon Tate.
Tate has been out since July 29th with a calf injury. His return will be limited, but it’s good to see him easing back in anyway.
Guard Richie Incognito was given the day off as a veteran rest day. In a normal game situation, Ryan Groy would be the likely man to step into his spot. In camp, Vlad Ducasse is the likely man to see those reps.
No word yet on whether defensive http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-phil-taylor-jersey-c-1_45.html tackle Marcell Dareus will be a full participant after being limited on Tuesday with a hamstring injury. Cornerback Ronald Darby returned to practice on Tuesday and didn’t experience any reported setbacks. Defensive end Ian Seau remains out.
Angel92

CB Stephon Gilmore says he’s finally feeling comfortable in

Postby Angel92 » Aug 5th, '17, 03:18

“I feel comfortable,” Gilmore said. “At OTAs I was a little, you know, hesitant sometimes – and in minicamp. But I think that helped http://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-tony-dorsett-jersey-c-2_42.html me out a lot. This is the second time we’ve gone over the install. So It’s always easier the second time you go over it and the more communication you’re going over with your secondary, so it makes everything easier.”
Gilmore is a terrific CB and a very talented athlete, but that doesn’t automatically mean he’ll thrive if he can’t pick up a new defensive system. It sounds like that’s not really been an issue so far.
He was also asked about another new addition to the team: former New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks. He and Cooks were two of the biggest offseason additions for New England, and they’re part of the reason that many believe the Patriots could make a serious Super Bowl run. Specifically, Gilmore was asked how fast Cooks was, as a guy who has covered a lot of fast wideouts in his career.
Fast,” Gilmore said. “If he get going on http://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-chaz-green-jersey-c-2_32.html top of you, he’s very fast. But I try to get up to the line of scrimmage and get my hands on him to [stop it] before it starts.”
New England has a stock of very capable wideouts, but they didn’t have anyone with the top-end speed that Cooks can bring. If he’ll get enough targets to keep him happy remains to be seen, but it sounds like Stephon Gilmore has been facing him in practice and is impressed with what he can do.
Angel92

It’s Summer, Time to Catch Up on Your Reading — A Symposium

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 01:41

Suggestions for selecting that http://www.authenticraiderssale.com/shop-by-players-lyle-alzado-jersey-c-2_28.html classic aestival staple, a good book Editor’s note: Summer is traditionally the season when we devote more time to books we’ve been meaning to read (or reread). Below, NRO friends and family offer their recommendations. Richard Brookhiser Here is the ultimate reading experience for political junkies who are sick of the politics of the age of Trump: the Library of America’s new two-volume set of The Diaries of John Quincy Adams, 1779–1848. I have reviewed them for the Wall Street Journal, but let me also bang the drum here.
Adams, son of the second president, and sixth president himself, was smart, omnivorous, observant, bitchy, and hilarious (though always unintentionally). His diplomatic career took him to Holland, Prussia, Russia, and England. His congressional career took him to the Senate and the House. He worked for George Washington, and he was introduced to Charles Dickens. We learn, in Ghent, how treaties get made. We study the original permanent campaign, the eight-year-long struggle to succeed James Monroe among three of his cabinet secretaries, the speaker of the House, and a populist general. We get high foreign policy, as the Monroe Doctrine is crafted, and grinding congressional detail, as Adams fights the House’s gag rule against anti-slavery petitions. This last effort shows Adams at his worst http://www.authenticsteelerssale.com/shop-by-players-jordan-berry-jersey-c-2_33.html and his glorious best — acerbic, obnoxious, principled, heroic. He beats the shameless, spouting slaveholders like a drum. He reads three languages, he writes poems, he attends church twice on Sunday and notes the sermons, he watches eclipses, ignores his wife except when she is sick, grieves over the deaths of his children and his mother, and always always worries that he is not doing enough for his country.
Angel92

Gase sees difference in run defense; Dolphins personnel note

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 02:32

A bunch of Dolphins notes after Day 6 of training camp on Wednesday:
• It’s too soon to know if the http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-alejandro-villanueva-jersey-c-2_35.html Dolphins’ run defense, which tied for last in the league in yards allowed per carry (4.8), is appreciably better. But early signs in training camp are encouraging.
A bunch of runs have been stopped for short gains, no gains or losses. And though there have been some big runs, there’s a clear difference from a year ago.
“I’ve noticed a difference with the d-line,” coach Adam Gase said. “They’re so sound right now. They are closing things down in the running game very quickly. It’s been very difficult running the football, especially in the edge.”
New defensive end William Hayes has helped in that regard. And the defensive tackle play, a concern, has been pretty stout. Vincent Taylor, the rookie sixth-rounder, made a couple of impressive stops in the running game Wednesday, albeit against other backups.
“They are hammering it good – those second, third groups,” Gase said, noting that some runs are still gaining good yards. It’s all about consistency.”
The unanswered question, of course, is whether the strong play of the run defense is partly a reflection of poor offensive line play, with http://www.authenticdolphinsjerseys.com/shop-by-players-xavien-howard-jersey-c-1_50.html the Dolphins continuing to hold center Mike Pouncey out of team drills.
“We learned a lot what we needed to improve on schematically,” Gase said of his defense. “There are times everyone was on the same page [last season] and sometimes we would be way off and gashed in the running game and passing game. We added some guys with veteran presence.”
Angel92

Top 3 things to know from Day 5 at Bills Camp

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 03:43

A determined Dareus
Back practicing Tuesday was Marcell Dareus, who http://www.authenticsteelerssale.com/shop-by-players-ernie-stautner-jersey-c-2_51.html returned from a strained hamstring. Although his reps were managed the defensive tackle was effective in practice early. During a 9-on-7 run game period, Dareus routinely forced inside runs to bounce outside and he and Kyle Williamseffectively clogged up the middle. Dareus cannot be handled one-on-one, but even on some double teams his could not be moved from inside gaps.
“I have something to prove to myself, to my teammates, to our fans,” Dareus said of the upcoming season. “I just want to do my best. If I’m doing my best, I know its good enough.”
Dareus thrived in an attack-style scheme three years ago that ran a 4-3 front and defensive coordinator said they’ll be sending their front four in much the same way. Dareus, who is used to being disruptive, is looking forward to being productive in the new system and feels he has a firm handle on what’s expected of him.
“With this defense with (coach) McDermott, he did a great job with that,” said Dareus. “He strategically clarified every position for everybody. If you do your job everything else takes care of itself. We still have a little bit more jelling to do, but for the most part everything has been clear cut for us.”
Ragland inside and out
Linebacker Reggie Ragland is close to a year removed from suffering his torn ACL. It was Aug. 5th last year that it happened. Tuesday was his third http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-darrius-heywardbey-jersey-c-2_42.html day in pads and he feels like he’s carrying his weight well.
“The more and more I keep getting at it, the more and more I’m feeling better,” he said. “I’m taking it day by day. Today my leg felt good with the pads on so I just have to keep getting better and better.”
And as much as fans and outside observers want to make the middle linebacker role an issue, head coach Sean McDermott has taken a different approach when it comes to Ragland.
“There’s a plan for every player. Reggie’s (plan), again, second-year player coming off of the injury he came off of. Really, this is his first year,” said McDermott. “Acclimating him to practice tempo – he missed most of the spring – acclimating him to the system and putting him in position, like we try to do with all of our players, to have success; success early, and success in the long term. I like what he did the other day – the second day in pads. I saw a physical aspect of his game, an emotional aspect of his game that we need in our defense. A lot of work remains for all of us, including Reggie at this point.”
In Tuesday’s practice, Ragland was deployed at middle linebacker with the second unit for most of the day, but he also lined up outside for a snap or two in base defense with rookie Matt Milano at the mike linebacker position. He also lined up Michael Thomas Womens Jersey outside of Milano in the second-team nickel package as one of the two linebackers.
It could be a byproduct of the fact that Lorenzo Alexander had the day off and Tanner Vallejo rotated up to the starting unit in Alexander’s place, but it seems obvious they want to see just how versatile Ragland’s game can be.
Angel92

Gerald McCoy and Kevin Pamphile are as excited about Game of

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 06:24

This new season of Game of Thrones has been http://www.authenticpackerssale.com/shop-by-players-75-bryan-bulaga-jersey-c-1_36.html amazing, and it’s given us all so much to discuss. Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and offensive lineman Kevin Pamphile are no exception.
rd Knocks camera crew caught these Tampa Bay teammates discussing the most recent episode.
First of all, that whole interaction between Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow really didn’t go the way I expected. McCoy and Pamphile were just as surprised, clearly.
Jon Snow didn’t want to bend the knee to the Mother of Dragons, and understandably so. Her father burned Snow’s grandfather alive, which would result in some hard feelings. But what really surprised McCoy, Pamphile, and probably the rest of us watching, was that Jon Snow didn’t even seem terribly impressed by Daenerys’ three dragons.
“He acted like the dragons meant http://www.officialpanthersstore.com/shop-by-players-ted-ginn-jr-jersey-c-9_87.html nothing,” McCoy says incredulously.
You really do know nothing, Jon Snow.
Look, we were already planning to tune into Hard Knocks for the epic kicker battle between last year’s second-round pick, Roberto Aguayo, and veteran Nick Folk. But now we’re also going to watch for McCoy and Pamphile’s Game of Thrones analysis.
Angel92

Falcons clear air from SB collapse in team meeting

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 07:05

FLOWERY BRANCH —
Falcons wide receiver Taylor Gabriel believes the team has moved past its collapse in Super Bowl LI.
“We had a team meeting before we came http://www.officialpatriotsonline.com/shop-by-players-andre-tippett-jersey-c-2_3.html back and (coach Dan Quinn) told anybody has anything on your chest, get it off your chest right now,” Gabriel said. “It was a group setting, and after that meeting our focus has been this year. I feel like everybody feels that way. At the end of the day, we have to move on.”
Gabriel didn’t speak up.
“I felt like there wasn’t any need to say anything,” Gabriel said. “We all came back. We were upset about the outcome . . . as long as we stay focused . . . we went to a Super Bowl last year so there was nothing we did wrong.
“If anything, I feel like it makes us hungrier.”
Gabriel is limited in practice as he recovers from a leg injury. He’s been catching punts and checking with the officials on how high he has to raise his hand on fair catches.
“I’m feeling good,” Gabriel said. “As long as I get to 100 percent, I feel like I’ll be OK. That’s the goal, getting 100 percent before I go out there (full speed). I don’t want to go out there at 65 percent and hurt myself again.
“The training staff has been great. I’m close, just going out there getting my confidence back getting in and out of my breaks.”
Gabriel, who was claimed on waivers from Cleveland http://www.ravensshopsofficial.com/shop-by-players-sam-koch-jersey-c-2_19.html at the start of last season, believes the wide receiving corps will be strong again in 2017.
“We had 13 different guys score (receiving) touchdowns, not just (wide receivers) . . . It’s all around the board,” Gabriel said. “When you sit back and look at our group, I feel like there’s really no downfall. Everybody’s competing for a spot.”
Angel92

3 potential surprise cuts for the Panthers this preseason

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 07:51

Surprise cuts are a staple of NFL offseasons. Every year, veterans across the league are replaced by younger players with either http://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-michael-griffin-jersey-c-2_55.html more skill, more potential or just a smaller paycheck.
It has happened with the Carolina Panthers in the past, with notables like DeAngelo Williams and Roman Harper being released in the past few years.
Here are three potential surprise cuts that could happen in 2017.
1. Center Gino Gradkowski
Gino Gradkowski was signed in early 2016 to take over the backup center position. It turned out to be a smart depth signing. When veteran starter Ryan Kalil was injured Week 8, Gradkowski became the stop-gap starter until Week 12, when he went down with a knee injury.
With Kalil and Gradkowski both on injured reserve, the team promoted Tyler Larsen from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. Larsen is a three-year journeyman that found his way to the Panthers on a futures contract in January of 2016. After being released in October, he was signed to the practice squad.
When Gradkowski went down, Larsen was forced to play in a regular season game for the first time in his career. He finished out the season as the starting center and showed off his skill level well. With the combination of Larsen’s age (he’s two years younger than Gradkowski,) cheap salary and skill level, it’s entirely possible that Larsen will take over the backup center spot by Week 3 of the preseason.
2. RB Fozzy Whittaker
Fozzy Whittaker came to the Panthers in the summer of 2014 to play as a scatback. His job was to change the pace from Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams. Although he lacked the talent of the two starters, he did have the speed, agility and catching ability they did not. As a change-of-pace back, Whittaker would come in to play on third downs (in which Stewart was not blocking,) or for screen passes.
In another world, Whittaker would have been http://www.authenticcoltssale.com/shop-by-players-darick-rogers-jersey-c-1_15.html a fine slot receiver but he is traditional third-down back and the Panthers just picked his successor with rookie Christian McCaffrey. McCaffrey can do everything Whittaker can do and more, it’s possible that his roster spot is already as good as gone.
This preseason, Whittaker will likely be showing off for other teams, much like Jordan Todman in 2015. Todman, who had lost his spot to Whittaker, ran for a 49-yard touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the last week of the preseason. After being released in Carolina’s final roster cutdown, the Steelers signed him. Whittaker is now in a similar situation and may be squeezed off of the roster through no fault of his own.
3. Safety Colin Jones
Colin Jones has been with the Panthers since 2011, when he came in as a second-year special teams ace from the 49ers. Jones’ whole career has been centered around special teams. One of the fastest players on the team, he has been Carolina’s primary gunner since he was brought in.
Jones is considerably less valuable for the Panthers’ defense, though. His most memorable plays have mostly been of him getting beaten over the top by a receiver. Thanks to his one-dimensional talents and the fact that he is 29 years old, it’s possible he’ll be beaten out for his spot by a younger and cheaper option.
There are a few players behind him that have Dion Jordan Authentic Jersey potential, namely Dean Marlowe, L.J. McCray and Dezmen Southward. If one or more of them play better than Jones during the preseason, he may be out.
Copyright 2017 Panthers Wire
Angel92

Colts run new route with younger, faster, cheaper players

Postby Angel92 » Aug 7th, '17, 08:35

Watching game tapes only reinforced the notion that his team needed to get younger, faster and tougher.
So Ballard spent the offseason releasing http://www.billsjerseysale.com/shop-by-players-ramon-humber-jersey-c-1_40.html aging team leaders, allowing other established starters to walk away in free agency and changing directions with mostly low-risk, relatively inexpensive gambles. Now everyone inside the organization is eager to see if Ballard's bets pay off.
"The hardest thing this year was staying disciplined in free agency, because I knew we needed to add, I knew the problems we were having, and the holes we needed to fill," he said. "Staying disciplined to your process that was the hardest thing this year."
At the moment, it's impossible to know exactly where the Colts' transition stands.
NFL rules prohibit contact during offseason workouts and restrict teams from putting on pads for the first three days of training camp. Indy's wait ends Tuesday when the team could get its first glimpse at a camp Pagano and Ballard have promised will be more physical.
For now, though, there are more questions than answers.
Defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins and linebacker Jabaal Sheard must show they can be locker room leaders while receiver Kamar Aiken, linebacker John Simon and nose tackle Al Woods will be put in more prominent roles.
As first-round draft pick Malik Hooker and converted right guard Jack Mewhort continue to fight back from injuries, former first-round picks Phillip Dorsett and Barkevious Mingo will have another chance to demonstrate they can finally live up to their pre-draft hype.
"A lot has changed. We are much younger," said safety Darius Butler, Indy's fourth-oldest player at 31. "But the guys are hungry and they're buying in. Every rep, every drill, I think brings the best out of everybody.""
While the offense has made tentative position changes along the line and tight end Dwayne Allen was traded to New England, kicker Adam Vinatieri is working with a new long snapper, a new holder and a new kickoff specialist.
But the primary focus has been on a massive defensive overhaul.
Robert Mathis, the longtime face of Indy's http://www.billsonlineofficial.com/shop-by-players-thurman-thomas-jersey-c-1_50.html defense, retired at 35. Indy also cut ties with four other starters in their 30s — former Pro Bowlers Mike Adams and D'Qwell Jackson, defensive tackle Art Jones and linebacker Erik Walden.
So far, things seem to be working.
As Ballard added speed and depth in the linebacking corps and secondary, the Colts biggest move might be pairing the 325-pound Hankins, 25, with the 330-pound Woods, 30. It would give Indy its biggest run-stuffing tandem in years.
"I can't wait till tomorrow and see if they can move us," Hankins said. "I think we can be the best (defensive line) in our division."
That's saying something with J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney still anchoring Houston's front seven.
It's not the first time Hankins has promised big things. In May, he told NFL Network the rebuilt Colts have "probably the best defense in the AFC," a comment that has led to playful banter between Hankins and former college teammate Bradley Roby, a cornerback with the Denver Broncos.
Pagano learned to embrace that sort of swagger during his previous stops at the University of Miami and with the Baltimore Ravens. But it's been a missing ingredient in Indianapolis.
"If you're going to do it, you've got to back it up. You put it out there, you better show up," Pagano said in June. "Guys can use whatever they want to use, bulletin board material. I don't sit there and promote that. I don't think any coach at any level promotes that. I just know that if you're going to talk, you better walk it."
Add the playmaking skills of Hooker, a safety, with John Kuhn Womens Jersey the potential pass-rushing skills of rookie linebacker Tarell Basham and some experienced inside linebackers in Sean Spence and Jon Bostic, and it looks like the Colts' defense has a whole new identity — one that comes straight out of Ballard's playbook.
"We're trying to be a physical, nasty defense that can close games out. That was a problem we had last year specifically," Butler said. "If our offense puts up 17 to 20 points a game, we should get a win."
Angel92

PreviousNext

Return to The Dracula Forum - Netiquette